What we do
Astronomy has large amounts of complex data from observations and simulations, which are traditionally used in isolation. This is where we come in.
- We build a global model of the sky from all available observations.
- We optimize the full experimental design process from instrumentation to survey strategy and data analysis.
- Lucas Makinen (senior thesis)
- Charles Minns (senior thesis)
- Charles Zhao (junior thesis)
Hybrid Physical-Deep Learning Model for Astronomical Inverse Problems
Lanusse, F.; Melchior, P.; Moolekamp, F.
Proximal Adam: Robust Adaptive Update Scheme for Constrained Optimization
Melchior, P.; Joseph, R.; Moolekamp, F.
Filling the gaps: Gaussian mixture models from noisy, truncated or incomplete samples
Melchior, P.; Goulding, A. D.
Astronomy and Computing, 2018, 25, 183
SCARLET: Source separation in multi-band images by Constrained Matrix Factorization
Melchior, P. and 6 co-authors
Astronomy and Computing, 2018, 24, 129
Image credit: Dr. Hideaki Fujiwara - Subaru Telescope, NAOJ